Frequently Asked Questions

Queens Car Accident Attorney

What should I do if I have been in a car accident?

First and foremost, you should seek medical attention, even if you have no outward signs of injury. You may have internal injuries that only a medical professional can diagnose and treat. You will also want to obtain full contact information for everyone involved in the accident, including eyewitnesses. Additionally, you should contact a Queens car accident attorney as soon as possible. If the accident was not your fault, an attorney may be able to secure maximum compensation for the losses you have experienced.

What amount of compensation can I expect after my car accident?

Personal injury settlements vary substantially depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident. A person who suffers catastrophic injuries may be entitled to missions of dollars in damages. In other cases, the victim may have injuries that require months or years of treatment, and leave them unable to work. Such circumstances would also call for a significant amount of injury compensation. A car accidentattorney can review your case and assist in determining the fair compensation amount for your situation.

How long will it take to receive compensation?

The length of time that it takes for a resolution in your case will vary depending on the extent of your injuries and whether or not the responsible party’s insurance company is willing to offer a fair settlement. If they are, you may be able to receive compensation in a matter of weeks. If not, further action may become necessary. If you end up having to file a lawsuit against those at fault, there is a possibility that a resolution could take months or even years.

What if I am offered a settlement by the insurance company?

You should never accept a settlement from an insurance company without first seeking legal counsel. Insurance companies will almost always try to “low-ball” claimants, offering compensation that is unfair when compared with the extent of the victim’s injuries. In contacting an attorney, you will have someone with experience who can tell you if you are being treated fairly or not.

Contact a Queens car accident lawyer if you have further questions about car accident compensation, or if you are in need of legal help in your case.